RESTORATIVE DENTAL CARE
Restorative dental care does more than just sooth the pain of an aching cavity. It helps prevent disease and preserves your teeth for decades to come. We provide a full range of services and provide care that is fast and pain-free as we all have many years of experience.
Our restorative services include:
- Tooth fillings and restorations. Ours options for fillings , which are used to restore the tooth after a cavity has been cleaned, include white composite restorations or else ceramic restorations made at the dental laboratory. Both of these filling types are metal and mercury free, giving a safe and highly aesthetic result.
- Crowns and bridges can be made if you require them to restore teeth that require more strength or else if you require a gap to be replaced where a tooth is missing. We provide very strong and highly aesthetic work in this field and the dentition is left looking as though the teeth are completely natural.
- Sealants are suggested where there is a high risk of decay to a tooth. We spread a resin-based coating over the surface of these teeth and this prevents food and plaque from getting trapped in the crevasses.
- Digital x-rays are used, where needed, to obtain accurate diagnosis and the latest digital technology ensures that the radiation dose is minimal.
- Root canal treatment is sometimes required to save a tooth and by cleaning the canal inside a tooth it can be preserved.
- Mouthguards can be provided when the teeth are subject to grinding by a patient and this reduces the enamel thickness, putting the teeth at a high risk of fracturing. There are a few different types of mouthguards and the dentist will discuss with you the best option, should you require one.